Viu launched its First Smart TV App
- Developed the first Smart TV App for Viu and empowered PCCW to integrate its video on demand stream into the TV App easily. It can save the handling time and allow PCCW to simply focus on managing the video
- Allowed TV lovers to enjoy Asian dramas, variety programs, anime and entertainment news on Viu through Smart TV
- Effectively expanded audience reach and increased the number of active users of Viu
- Provided a user-friendly TV App that the user experience is synchronized with Viu mobile users
- Enabled end users to login to the TV App with the same account they are using on the mobile App
People nowadays are migrating from watching traditional broadcast TV to video on demand (VOD) on online video platform as it is more flexible to watch videos, dramas and movies anytime anywhere. As an over-the-top (OTT) mobile platform, Viu is now available on website, iOS and Android system. Viu would like to go further and deliver their content through Samsung Smart TV, enabling customers to have more channels to access the App and immersing audience into magnificent viewing experience on a larger TV screen.
As a reliable and experienced technology partner, TFI is entrusted by PCCW to develop a Smart TV App. This facilitated the cooperation between PCCW and Samsung which is one of the major market players and enabled PCCW to attract new customers.
PCCW OTT (Hong Kong) Ltd.
Viu is a locally-based over-the-top (OTT) video service operated by PCCW Media. It provides the latest TV dramas from geographies such as South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and Mainland China, as well as entertainment program and Japanese animation. As of April 2018, Viu had 16 million monthly active users.